Improve the quality of hiring high volume, customer service-oriented front line employees. In turn, increase speed to hire and reduce overall hiring costs.
Analyzed recruitment metrics, including candidate drop-off data throughout the on-line apply process to streamline the application and reduce drop-off.
Conducted a rapid research effort, led by an I/O PhD, to identify and validate “preferred” qualifications for the role to supplement the existing “minimum” qualifications.
Using the new and robust “preferred” qualifications:
- Worked with subject matter experts to reimagine the description of the role and dramatically improve the job ad
- Provided candidates with easy-to-access critical information about - and a realistic preview of - the job
- Developed and inserted job-specific (scored and weighted) screening questions for candidates to complete as part of the on-line apply process. This enabled the ATS to rank candidates by most- to least-qualified, eliminating the manual work completed in the past by recruiting resources.
- Improved the existing initial screening assessment.
- Inserted an additional phone screen before candidates were invited to the final hiring assessment.
Results Over Prior Year – the Headlines:
- Number of on-line apply fields candidates were required to complete was reduced by 75%
- Number of candidates who dropped-off during the on-line apply was reduced by 44%
- Number of applicants who completed the online apply process increased by 92%
- Number of applicants screened automatically by the technology increased by 100%
- Offer rate after the hiring event increased by 59%
- Attrition during training decreased by 71%
- Overall hiring process costs decreased by 17%
“You helped us make tremendous progress in TA. The TGA team’s skills and knowledge were a huge part in getting us where we are today.”
Want to read more? Check out Managing the Tightening Market for Hourly Workers.
Contact us and we can answer your Talent Acquisition questions.